Urgent - Please Spotlight:
I regret to tell you that Christina Fonthes - a dear friend and organiser of Rainbow Noir has been held against her will in The Congo - she was on a family holiday with her mother who has decided to have Christina ‘cured’ of her sexuality.
Christina has managed to escape from her aunt’s house and is currently hiding out with a friend. She has access to internet and has been communicating with us via email. The next available flight is 2nd September - 5 days away! Chris needs help and protection from the British Embassy in Congo but her mother has reported her missing and therefore we need to get in contact with both the UK Home Office and UK embassy in Congo to let them know that she is in danger and that her mother is lying/the one endangering her life!!
PLEASE SHARE THIS ON ALL YOUR NETWORKS. CALL, EMAIL, TWEET the British embassy on behalf of Christina - the more we call, the more attention it will bring to her case and hopefully they will act quicker in getting Christina to a safe place.
HER MOTHER HAS HER PASSPORT AND TRAVELING DOCUMENTS!
CHRISTINA’S LIFE IS IN DANGER. PLEASE DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
If you can help please contact @RainbowNoirMCR or @WritersofColour on twitter.
UK EMBASSY: 0871 050 5840
DETAILS OF THE EMBASSY IN CONGO ARE HEREhttps://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-kinshasa
Please re-tumblr this. This is an actual friend of ours and we need your help to get her home safe.
These are called Symphony Brownies- a girl at my school would make them from time to time and they are probably closest thing I’ve ever experienced to heaven. Treat yourself today and taste some heaven, you deserve it (:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2c white sugar
- 3/4c butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1c all purpose flour
- 2 Symphony chocolate bars, broken into squares.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar and add in eggs, extracts and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
4. Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Symphony Chocolate squares and cover with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
this is why afropunkfest is the best festival. EVERYONE there was soo beautiful. i’ll post more vids and pics tomorrow.
I have a shirt that says this.
this is really nice
it’s not that common to hear that someone died after being put in a coma due to stabbing, let alone directly to the heart.
But it happened, and i worked with the guy that died. He was only here in vacation, to see his folks as he was working as an architect abroad, and was only trying to help a friend in distress that was being assaulted in a well known nightlife area of our town. He was short, had some interesting views (except political, but well, we agreed to disagree) and was an hard working kid that left the museum to seize chances on the other side of the Atlantic
May you rest, and be remembered, Diogo
i am seriously nicole
I know a shitton of people in this situation
…and i thought i was short (i think i’m 5’2 or so)